Looking Forward: 2013 films

The new year starts the anticipation for the new films it brings. While some of the film release dates are unknown as of this time, here is my list of what I'm looking forward to as of this writing.


Iron Man 3 - A favorite series of mine, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. While they are changing things up a bit with the tone of the movie and going a much darker route, we finally get to see Mandarin in an Iron Man movie, played by Ben Kingsly. Looking to up the action and drama from 2 , Iron Man 3 should be a winner in my book.


Pain and Gain - A Michael Bay movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Mark Wahlberg? I'm sold! The plot seems promising: a group of body builders are caught up in an extortion ring  where they ripped off a millionaire and their plan is coming back to bite them in the ass. From the trailers it looked like Wahlberg and Johnson have chemistry together. so I cant wait to see how it turns out. .




Pacific Rim- This movie had me interested from the first time I saw the trailer. While it did not reveal much of the plot, it did show something better: giant aliens being fought by man made giant robots! This films plot could be as outlandish as it wants, as long as it delivers on the robots I know I'll be in the theater for it!



The Last Stand - While already in theaters, its still one of my most anticipated movies of the year.Some said Arnold was back with "The Expendables 2" but really this is his comeback film in my opinion. One liners, action and bullets abound, this is the kind of film Arnold does best.



A Good Day to Die Hard - Die Hard is one my favorite films of all time. So when there's a chance to see the John McClane character on screen again , I'm jumping at the chance to watch it. Sure the story really is about as far from the original as it can possibly get, but its Die Hard!



The Wolverine-Alright , so the first Wolverine movie was kinda bland and the over use of CGI didn't do the film any favors. Hopefully the sequel will be better than the first. Hugh Jackman reprises his role as Logan and the story of Wolverine continues. Having loved the character since first reading the comics as a kid , I cant wait to see how this turns out.


Star Trek : Into Darkness - The 2009 J.J. Abrams film did something amazing and made Trek films cool again. The great story telling , action and drama blended well to make a really outstanding film. The sequel looks to kick things up a few notches in terms of action and casting by having Benedict Cumberbatch as the apparent villain. Plus I'd like to know how the Enterprise is can also act as a submarine....


Finally my most anticipated film:


The Man of Steel - After the... for lack of a better term boring Superman Returns, I've been waiting for the next superman film.After hearing that the SR sequel plans had been scrapped and they decided to start fresh, I was somewhat optimistic  When I heard it was Zack Snyder directing , my excitement grew and I absolutely can not wait for June 14th now , and quite possibly the best superman movie yet.

Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)