Review: Death From Above


At first glance, this movie looked like it had the potential to be a decent low budget flick. Well as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover. Appearances can be deceiving and this is a case of just that so here's my review of Death From Above. 

Plot: An ancient Druid returns to begin his thousand-year reign of darkness, and clashes with the one mortal man with the power to vanquish him

Thoughts: The plot has the makings of a good indie film and sounds interesting on paper. 

Acting: Lets be completely honest, the only one in this cast list I expected to put a halfway decent performance was Tom Savini. I personally feel that assessment was correct, and Savini had very minimal dialog and was on screen for less than 8 mins all together.

 Having a films cast almost entirely comprised of professional wrestlers is a VERY risky gamble, one that has little chance of working , and this is a perfect example of that. 

What I liked: That I paid nothing to see this film

What i disliked: nearly everything about this film. Most of all that I cant get the time I wasted back.

Overall: Unlike one of my favorite indie flicks Overtime , which happens to star wrestler Al Snow , this film has NOTHING to offer. A boring action movie that barely that looks like very little effort was put into it. I'd recommend staying as far from this film as possible.

Final Grade: F....I'd give it less if I could

Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)