A Haunted House



Normally when I see a film involving any of the Wayans brothers now a days, I just walk away from it. I decided to give this one a chance since it seemed like a concept for parody with fairly decent potential. So was this movie making people run away scared....or just running away? Here's A Haunted House!

Plot:Malcolm and Kisha move into their dream home, but soon learn a demon also resides there. When Kisha becomes possessed, Malcolm - determined to keep his sex life on track - turns to a priest, a psychic, and a team of ghost-busters for help.

Thoughts: I kind of knew what to expect from the film based on other films I've seen from the same genre, like the "Scary Movie" films. I was thrown a curve ball with this one as I didn't expect the mix of parody and seriousness.

Acting: The acting was pretty goof in this film, better than I thought it would be. All the actors had very distinguishable characters and were fairly entertaining in each of their roles.

What I liked: Flip flopping between seriousness and mocking films like "Paranormal Activity" made for a fun viewing experience. I also liked that this film didn't try to drag in pop culture references like so many other parody films do.

What I disliked: To a degree this movie was more of the same that we've seen since the first "Scary movie" film.

Overall: A decently entertaining movie, funniest parody film I've seen since Scary Movie 2

Final Grade: B

Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)