Horrible Bosses


Horrible bosses is a film with a very relatable idea behind it. Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis play three men who hate their bosses for various reasons. Nick Hendrick's (Bateman)  boss Dave Harken (Kevin Spacey) works him to death and is overall just a pain in the ass. Dale Arbus (Day) has a boss (Jennifer Aniston) who is sexually harassing him. Kurt Buckman (Sudeikis) has to deal with the death of a boss he loves (Donald Sutherland) and the take over by his son Bobby (Colin Farrell), who he hates.



The plot to say the least is great in the fact that it is relatable. Everyone works or has worked at a job with a boss that they absolutely hate. The story goes over the top in some spots but really it works in this context.You do start hating Nick and Kurt's bosses, but I will say as a guy I do find it hard to believe that Dale would really hate his boss. The absurdity of that fact is played up by Nick and Kurt on many occasions when he says their problems are nothing compared to his, so it works into the plot well.



The actors in the film did a great job with their characters. Jason Bateman and Jason Sudeikis were great and the film and this was actually my first exposure to Charlie Day. I haven't seen a single episode of "Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia" but I will say if he is as good there as he was in this picture I might have to check it out. Jaime  Foxx also did a great job as "MF" Jones, the guy's "murder consultant".



By far the best performances in my eyes were Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey. Aniston took a role which really was different than anything I've seen her in. I like it when actors and actresses take roles outside of their comfort zone, and she hit a home run in this movie. Spacey played the typical spacey character, but he is so damn good at it that I wouldn't change it. He is Kevin Spacey, but he really knows how to BE Kevin Spacey.



Now there were a few things I didn't like with this picture. First of all the Scene with Jason Sudeikis in his boss's bathroom went a little too far in my opinion. Even in one of the raunchier comedies there is funny and wasting time....that is one of those scenes. Another negative point in my eyes is that Colin Farrell's character
really did not get a ton of screen time. I feel he could have been used more, but that's just my opinion.



Overall this was a very funny movie with a ton of great actors. It is great when there is a comedy like this and no one outshines the other actors since they are all equally awesome in the film. A great movie to unwind to after a rough day at work and you need some laughs to lighten your day.

Grade: A

Trailer:



Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)