Trailer reactions and thoughts for Godzilla, Edge of Tomorrow and 300: Rise of an Empire



Godzilla: 

When I heard there was a new Godzilla movie in production, I got excited. After a moment of excitement, I was then filled with dread as I remembered the horrible American Godzilla film from 1998. Now that I have seen this teaser trailer for the new film, I am once again excited! 

It seems that they learned their lessons from the '98 film and went with a design for Godzilla that closely resembles the classic look.The film looks to be more like Cloverfield and less Pacific Rim, but that might not be a bad thing. This film seems to have a more human element and that alone hints that there is a compelling story which I feel the original Godzilla films from Japan had. All in all, I can't wait for this to hit theaters and this is already one of my most anticipated films of the year.



Edge of Tomorrow:


Tom Cruise in a Sci Fi movie has never really worked for me and this trailer did feel like a bit of a mess, but I am interested in seeing this film since it seems to have an interesting premise. The trailer itself doesn't set up a story or really tell you anything specific about the film aside from it having Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and explosions.

This could be an interesting film, and I am willing to give it a chance past this first trailer. Hopefully they release a second trailer that reveals more of whats going on with the story to get more interest for the film, but as is I see a possible hit film, even if its just the fans of Sci Fi films going to see it and not the general public



300: Rise of An Empire:

When I saw this my first thought was "a little late to capitalize on 300's popularity isn't it?" , but I watched the trailer anyway. I feel that the trailer showed enough of the film to get you hooked without really giving away the story of the film. It has the right mix of action and epic feeling scenes as well as the look that was the signature of the original film, and that alone has me interested. Even though Zack Snyder isn't directing the film himself, this still has the tone of the original film and that is something hard to pull off with a director switch.

On the other hand though, I do feel that this film may not be as big of a hit as it would have been in say 2009 for example. In the years since the original 300 came out we have had Wrath of The Titans, Clash of The Titans, Immortals and the Spartacus TV show along with others, and the epic films or shows set in that era of history and seem to have the same look and feel take away from this a bit and feels overdone in the last few years. Despite that though, I am excited for this film and want see where the story continues from where it left off in 300, one of my favorite films of the last decade.





Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)