RIP Harold Ramis



I was deeply saddened to hear the news that Harold Ramis passed away on Monday. He was a massive part of my childhood and teen years and he is part of the reason that I really fell in love with movies. He is one of the few actors/ directors/ writers who I can honestly say that I enjoyed their entire body of work, Harold also really helped shape my taste in comedy and humor

It didn't matter if he was in front or behind of the camera, Mr. Ramis always added his own special touch to any project he was a part of. His works are among many peoples favorite films, from Animal House and Ghostbusters to Vacation and Groundhog Day, people loved his films. That's one thing I have noticed about the films he acted, directed or wrote, they seemed to connect with people on several levels.

To me personally, the first time I was introduced to his work was from his role as Egon Spengler in Ghostbusters. His performance was outstanding as the genius / mad scientist of the group and I loved every second of it. Growing up, I became more familiar with his other works suck as National Lampoon's Vacation and Stripes and it seemed like as I got older, I just seemed to appreciate his work more and more. Even to this day I still consider him one of the best comic actors / writers of the last 50 years. My condolences go out to Harold Ramis's family and friends.

"Life doesn't care about your vision. You just gotta roll with it."- Harold Ramis (as Ben's father in Knocked Up)

Popular posts from this blog

More fun Halloween movies!

Heartbreak Ridge

Curse of The Dragon Slayer AKA Saga: Curse of The Shadow (2013)